A WEEK OF GIFT GUIDES: DESMITTEN

Good morning Knuckles!  Our week of gift guides continues with today's wish list from Christina of DeSmitten.  Here's a little info on Christina:

My name is Christina DeSmet and I live in Brooklyn, NY. I started DeSmitten in 2008 as a catch-all for the overflowing inspiration that I came across in my work as a fashion designer. I recently added vintage e-shop owner to my résumé. DeSmitten is where I carefully curate my everyday musings in an attempt to define the spaces between fashion, interiors, art and design.

Christina's blog is awesome, so definitely check it out!


Christina's comments:

Juxtaposed materials of gunmetal and natural bone tile make up this Origami Coffee Table from West Elm ($399). Sitting pretty in front of our sofa, this table would be a nice upgrade from the trunk we try and pass off as a coffee table, but really just use for storage.

In need of some new arm candy, this Rose Gold Watch with black leather band ($35) would be a perfect update to my old rose gold watch I wore for years, and at a fraction of the cost!

Since my boyfriend and I just celebrated 1 year as vegetarians, we are looking to spice things up in the kitchen. This In Depth Herb and Spice Workshop ($210/person) at the Natural Gourmet Institute in Brooklyn would be an amazing learning tool to introduce new spices and herbs into our simple vegetarian diet.

Keeping warm and in style isn't always the easiest thing to do in New York City, but these Hansel from Basel Stockings ($38) with contrast seaming will make a statement while keeping me cozy.

As a fashion designer, I am inspired by photography and art as much as actual fashion. These books incorporate a little bit of each. New Saint Laurent designer, Hedi Slimane is also a famed photographer. His book of photography, Anthology of a Decade ($38.50) incorporates  still life imagery and portraiture with signature undertones of androgyny and glamour.
Maison Martin Margiela's book ($63) is a work of art in itself, designed with the same attention to detail as his clothing containing  twelve separate booklets filled with inspiration.

This iPhone dock ($40) is simply designed for function without skimping on style. To tell time or listen to music while charging my iPhone, what more could I ask for?

With all the natural light in our new apartment, keeping plants alive is easier than I realized. A gift certificate to our favorite plant shop, Sprout ($25+) would be an ideal gift to give or receive.

Last week, with a table full of friends and family, after dinner tea turned mortifying when I had to serve milk in a mason jar and sugar from the bag! This sleek and chic Vera Wang Creamer and Sugar Bowl Set ($50) will ensure that won't happen again.

Stylish and comfortable, these 80% 20 Rina Boots (Cocoa $198) would round out my winter boot collection filling the void for laid back chic, non-black bootie.

Since I was old enough to care about these things, my stocking was filled with beauty products and specialty toiletries. I cannot think of a better high/low stocking stuffer combo than this ultra rich Rodin Body Cream ($80) and a bar of Organic Charcoal Soap ($6) that naturally extracts the toxins out of your skin while keeping it moisturized with essential oils.

Stay tuned for another great gift guide tomorrow, Knuckles!



No comments

Thanks for your comment! I love your feedback!