DIY SCHOOL SPIRIT

Hello Knuckles!

I'm a sucker for all things preppy.  As I've mentioned before, I love the Rugby aesthetic.

So while I was rummaging through my childhood bedroom a few months ago I found my old junior varsity letter, which I stitched onto an old sweater:



(Sunnies, Chanel; sweater, F21; skirt, once a strapless bandeau dress that I MORPHED INTO A SKIRT MYSELF, I still can't believe it, I'm not a crafty person by any means!, H&M; boots, Miss Sixty; scarf, Hermes; bag, LV; jewelry, Asos, Banana Republic, Alex+Ani, Target; FCFT pin, DIY.  Please excuse my grossly dry, under-moisturized hands).

The "S" stands for the name of my old junior high school.  More relevantly, it also stands for my Twitter handle, Slintbee (follow me, if you are so inclined).  Someone pointed out that these are also Michigan colors to which I stared at them blankly (the only collegiate color I acknowledge is Cardinal red.  Go Card!).

Have a WONDERFUL holiday week, Knuckles!  I hope you are spending Thanksgiving with the people you love the most!

2 comments

  1. Good job on that skirt! I was going to comment on how much I like the pop of color it lends your outfit when I saw it was a DIY project. I am not a seamstress by ANY means and so I can appreciate this :)

    http://fashionedible.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I'm not a seamstress either, so I was totally amazed myself! Love your blog by the way!

      Delete

Thanks for your comment! I love your feedback!