CONQUERING THE WORLD IN AN OLD COAT FULL OF MEMORIES

Hello Knuckles!

There was a great article in the Sunday New York Times Magazine about how we are more likely to remember events from our 20's than from other periods in our lives.  That certainly rings true with me!  I have so many rich, hilarious, sad, scary, and awesome memories from my 20's.  But I also have a ton of very mundane memories, like the time I bought this coat.

I had just started working at an internet start-up which was located on Bryant Park.  After work I loved to walk along 5th Avenue.  The weather was getting colder and in the Prada store I noticed the fall coats had arrived, and after trying a few on I ended up buying the one below.  It was a WP (Whole Paycheck) purchase but I loved this coat, and even though it's super old and I've worn it a ton, it still looks and feels like new.


(Sunnies, Chanel; coat, Prada; sweater, H&M; jeans, Chip+Pepper; purse, Orlany; boots, Miss Sixty)

Until this weekend I hadn't worn this coat in forever, but I brushed it off for a trip to the Children's Museum:

(These two are going to rule the world one day).

Have a great weekend, Knuckles!

4 comments

  1. Hey girl! My Jillian Zarem told me to check out your blog and I love it! Hope all is well - I'm following now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Jillian is the best. I am following you now too! Looking forward to reading more!

      Delete
  2. You look so chic! I haven't made any whole paycheck purchases yet, I think I like too many things and am too crazy about having trendy new things still. But I'm getting to an age where I should probably start thinking about paring down my wardrobe and making purchases that are intended to last! Better make those big purchases now before kids come along, I hear you hardly get to spend any money on yourself once that happens -_-'

    Hope the Knuckles family is doing well! <3

    xo

    freshfizzle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, WP purchases are overrated -- you have such a great sense of style you don't need to spend a lot of money! I love those strappy Zara pumps, by the way. We are doing well, thanks! :)

      Delete

Thanks for your comment! I love your feedback!