KNUCKLES ON TOP OF THE WORLD

Hello Knuckles!

A few weekends ago we hosted family and school friends at the Chicago Treehouse to celebrate CoStar's 5th birthday.  



Borrowing a friend's idea, this year in lieu of gifts we asked everyone to bring a package of diapers to donate to The Bundle Of Joy diaper bank.  I love this idea!  Not only does it teach sharing and compassion, but it also eliminates the tyranny of more toys (sometimes I'm a little overwhelmed by all our dolls, puzzles, books, ride-on's, blocks and Legos).

Not gonna lie, it took a little convincing but CoStar agreed to the plan.  So last Sunday we took a field trip into the city to drop off the diapers.  Mr. Brass Knuckles and I tried to make it a big deal so she'd know how proud we were.  As promised, we had ice cream afterwards to celebrate.


(I think we ended up donating almost a thousand diapers)

Then we took an impromptu trip to the top of the Willis (nee Sears) Tower.  There was absolutely no line and the whole family enjoyed it.

(Floating!)

Incredibly, that day we had breakfast with my family, dropped of the diapers, ate ice cream cones, toured the tallest building in Chicago, and were back at home eating hot dogs at our kitchen table by 12:30pm.  Ah, sleep -- when will I know ye again?

Have a happy Thursday, Knuckles!   

1 comment

  1. Wow, this is so cool, this is exactly what I'm trying to teach my little One too. We do the same thing when we go to Africa. (my daughter is half Senegalese) We collect all the old toys and give them away over there. It's so important that they learn to share at the beginning. Thank you so much for your sweet comment btw, I'm also just like you, I admire other mothers who stay themselves and stay stylish even after motherhood kicks in. ;) I really like your blog and your kiddos are adorable! The last picture is so scarry though! :o I have a fear of height. Haha :D I wish you a great day! Hugs from Hungary. xx

    Mariann from Cashmere in Style

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! I love your feedback!