HAPPY THOUGHTS; YOU GO GIRL

Soundtrack: Feeling Good, Nina Simone

Happy Thursday!

This past weekend the family and I went to a mega water park in scenic Sandusky, Ohio. I fully expected to return home with any number of maladies (staph infection, pink eye, norovirus), but it was actually pretty clean (am I the only person who brings her own sheets and pillowcases to suspect hotels?).

Anyhow, most bloggers take gorgeous swimsuit shots in extraordinary locales like Santorini or the Maldives. In contrast, my husband took some hilarious photos of me inside this water park, real America as my backdrop, but I don't have the balls to post them.  Here are a few outtakes instead:

(Swimsuit, Victoria's Secret. This one's no longer available online, but they're discontinuing all swimwear; everything is on sale. Photoshop disclosure: I removed an enormous zit on my cheek. Trust me, you don't want to see it unless you have a thing for cystic acne).


I've been feeling a bit blue these days, fretting over the future and not really taking care of myself. But I'm making conscious efforts to be a more positive and grateful person, and not worry so much. It's easy to slip into the occasional rabbit hole, especially when pondering all things difficult, wrong, or sad. I'm really trying to drum up confidence and see the bright side of things as I lay out my goals for the remainder of 2016.  I'll share these individually in my next few posts, so stay tuned!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

xxo

1 comment

  1. So glad you are back!
    You are one of the blogs I used to follow and still do.
    Your blog is also on my bloglist :-)
    I stopped blogging too and now want to start again.
    Stop over anytime!
    sophiespost.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! I love your feedback!