THOSE FREEWHEELIN' FALL DAYS

A year after I graduated from college I was working at an internet start-up in Manhattan.  My co-workers and I hung out every night after work at this bar called Billy Marks 2, where Darren would feed the jukebox quarters to play "Electric Barbarella" by Duran Duran and I drank endless gin and tonics.  On warm Fall nights when we left the bar I didn't want the evening to end so I'd walk 82 blocks up Broadway to my apartment in Morningside Heights.  I'd pass through Times Square and the Upper West Side before stopping at Koronet for an enormous slice of greasy, flavorless pizza.  Then the next morning, slightly hungover, I'd put on this skirt, a ridiculously itchy Abercrombie & Fitch wool sweater and a pair of black loafers, and then buy a Venti coffee from Starbucks and head into the subway.


(Holy guacamole I look tired!)


(Skirt, vintage, quite frankly I can't believe it still fits; sweater, H&M; shirt, F21 (studding mine); purse, Oryany, a gift from Mr. Brass Knuckles; shoes, Jeffrey Campbell; bracelets, Pandora, Alex+Ani, Target, Louis Vuitton; ring, Icing.  The LV ID bracelet was a generous gift from an old boss, this woman also gave me La Perla lingerie sets and Prada shoes and my first design job).


Have a great weekend, Knuckles!

3 comments

  1. What a great blog you have. Will for sure visit your blog on a regular basis.
    I will be honored if you would check out my blog @ www.instyleforelss.org, follow and like if you think it's worth your time.
    Haley www.instyleforless.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. 82 blocks?! City blocks?! How many miles is that??! Wow. I admire that. Beautiful skirt. It's so perfect for this season too.

    Amber

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! I love your feedback!