YOU'RE YOUR WORST CRITIC, OR, DON'T TALK YOURSELF OUT OF YOUR FAVORITE JEANS

Good afternoon Knuckles!

The Chip and Pepper jeans below are my go-to pair, and I've worn them so much that the hole in the knee is legit.  It's not a fashion hole, it's a fibers-gave-out hole.

Looking through this last set of pictures, however, I started questioning my denim standby.  There is something about the objectivity of photographs that made me look at these jeans in a new way.

I suddenly began thinking Now wait just a darn minute, have I gained weight?  Or have I been wearing wide-looking jeans this whole time?  Are these jeans the sartorial equivalent of an enormous zit on my face?  If only I were 4 inches taller...  

Like most women I probably spend too much time criticizing self-determined flaws, and this thinking is not healthy.  Ladies, let's not get caught up in our own weird body-image traps.  No one even notices the zit.  The damn jeans look fine.  





(Sunnies, Chanel; jacket, Zara; blouse, Tracy Reese; jeans, Chip+Pepper; shoes, Marc by Marc Jacobs; purse, Oryany; necklaces, MyNameNecklace.com, PersonalizedBoutique.com, Monserrat de Lucca; bracelets, Alex+Ani, Target, F21).

Have a great weekend, Knuckles!

No comments

Thanks for your comment! I love your feedback!